Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1315921  by 4400Washboard

runningwithscalpels wrote:Hmm, considering NOTHING else has been said of this, the chances of it happening are slim to none, and slim is walking out the door.

Thank god :P
 #1318108  by R36 Combine Coach

In the January 2015 MTA Capital Program monthly report, on page 4 is an update of the 7 Extension (as of December 2014):
the contractor shows a delay in completing its work according to the acceleration agreement, and projects the completion date to be in the 2nd Quarter of 2015.
and
forecasts a revenue service date no earlier than April 2015.
 #1320900  by TrainPhotos

runningwithscalpels wrote:As the great Mitch Hedberg said, an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs ;)

I agree with you there :P
Not to be contrary, but PATH exchange place january 2013. The rated number of how many people can enter/exit a station is heavily affected by escalators staying operational. At penn station LIRR concourse, if the 3 escalators by the waiting room stop working it causes a huge jam of people during peak hours.
 #1327653  by runningwithscalpels

Of course the question is...what lies behind that plywood. Isn't a large part of the delay the fancy newfangled escalators (elevators?) they have to install because the station is so deep?
 #1327677  by NaugyRR

Wow, the outside looks really nice. Last time I was there was October(I think?) and it still had the privacy wall around it. It'll be a lot nicer getting back to GCT from the Intrepid and the Walkway now than hoofin' it over 42nd Street.
 #1328573  by runningwithscalpels

NaugyRR wrote:Wow, the outside looks really nice. Last time I was there was October(I think?) and it still had the privacy wall around it. It'll be a lot nicer getting back to GCT from the Intrepid and the Walkway now than hoofin' it over 42nd Street.
There was a gaping hole in the fence for me to stick my camera through. It's still all blocked off and whatnot from street access.
 #1328831  by 4400Washboard

Station sure looks nice. I've been by there a couple times this past winter and it doesn't seem to have changed much... Some construction materials and equipment (Boards, etc.) have been moved around a bit
Last edited by Jeff Smith on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed Picture Quote
 #1329277  by NaugyRR

I'm going down to see Rush at the Garden at the end of next month, it'll be interesting to see how things have progressed by then.