• 2014 Discussion for Commuter Rail Delays

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Diverging Route

Mind the GAP!

Lowell Line Train 329 (4:40 pm from North Station) and 3 other trains cancelled today due to signal problem

Affected trips:
329 (4:40 pm from North Station)
331 (5:10 pm from North Station)
334 (5:45 pm from Lowell)
336 (6:10 pm from Lowell)
  by MBTA1016

That's a big gap. At least most people stayed home today.
  by BostonUrbEx

MBCR @MBCR_info
Notice: all lines out of North Station are delayed due to a power issue. Please watch T-Alerts for updates. #mbcr #mbta
  by ST214

Yes. 425 went by when 427 was due. 427 seems to be lost, as there are no alerts, but as of yet no 427 thru Concord.
  by octr202

Never seen anything like today...glad I stayed home. I get all the northside alerts. I think 227 is the big loser...last alert I saw for it said it was 1:45 late...as in one hour, 45 minutes!
  by ST214

427 was the biggest loser. Never got going, no alert ever issued advising a problem.
  by MBTA1016

I'm glad school was called off. My street was a compacted layer of snow with god knows what under it.(Was passable since i saw at least a half dozen 18wheelers use it). The town didn't do a good job plowing. Be careful digging out and stay safe driving if the roads are sketchy.
  by tvachon

So the afternoon begs the question, what lost power which can take out the entire north side? I would think the tower a interlockings or Cobbie Hill
  by cpf354

ST214 wrote:427 was the biggest loser. Never got going, no alert ever issued advising a problem.
I boarded 427 on Track 10 with a handful of others at around 4:45PM. To make a very long story short, we left North Station at 6:56PM as Train 431. I suspect that we also had passengers from Train 429, and also that Train 433 left ahead of us on schedule (at one point trains were entering and leaving the station as we sat at the draw), but I only base that on the fact we had no crowd waiting at Porter Sq. Just glad to get home!
:-)
  by octr202

So was it a power failure to the drawbridge, or to the interlocking?
  by BostonUrbEx

octr202 wrote:So was it a power failure to the drawbridge, or to the interlocking?

The Charles is pretty frozen inside of the dam, I'd be surprised if it were even raised. I would imagine it was a switching or signaling (or both) outage.
  by nomis

BostonUrbEx wrote:
octr202 wrote:So was it a power failure to the drawbridge, or to the interlocking?

The Charles is pretty frozen inside of the dam, I'd be surprised if it were even raised. I would imagine it was a switching or signaling (or both) outage.
When I went by, the bridge didn't look like it has been raised based on the snow laying, especially on the gears portion. There was quite a bit of ice as well in the River.