Railroad Forums 

• Winter-Spring 2023 Train Show Calendar for Upstate NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1612771  by lvrr325

Shows in italic are not confirmed.

January

Sunday 1/15– Utica – TTCS Utica Train Show, Union Station
Weekend 1/28-1/29 Springfield, MA – Amherst Model RR Club huge show
Sunday 1/29 – Buffalo (Lancaster) – Trainorama, Variety Clubhouse, 6114 Broadway

As in the past I include the Springfield show because so many attend, roughly an hour east of Albany.

February

Sunday 2/5 - Buffalo (Depew) - TTCS Buffalo Snowball Train Show, Polish Falcons
Weekend 2/18-2/19 – Buffalo (Hamburg) – WNYRHS Winter Train & Toy Show, Erie Cty Fairgrounds
Weekend 2/18-2/19 - Rochester - Greenberg's great Train Show, Dome Center

Saturday 2/25 – Rochester – Edgerton Model Railroad Show, Edgerton Community Center

Unfortunately for various reasons you have two weekend shows opposite each other just an hour or so apart. My guess is Hamburg will see more vendors. I want to say I saw a flyer for Edgerton but I don't seem to have one. TTCS confirmed by email to promoter (note it's a full two weeks prior to last year).

March

Saturday 3/11 - Albany - Albany Train Show, Polish Community Center

Saturday 3/11 – Binghamton – Greater Binghamton Regional Train Show
Sunday 3/12 – Syracuse (Camillus) – NHRS Spring Ahead Train Show, Camillus Fire Dept.
Sunday 3/19 - Kingston - Kingston Model Train and Railroad Hobby Show, Murphy Midtown Center
Sunday 3/26 – Batavia – GSME Great Batavia Train Show, Genesee Community College Call Arena

Sunday ? - Rochester - TTCS Shamrock Show - currently none scheduled

The Albany show may not happen at all, promoter indicated the venue had forgotten to schedule them for this year. CNY NRHS I usually get confirmed at the Utica show. Binghamton is booked through 2030 the same weekends each year. Kingston is a late updating group. And the TTCS show has no venue right now, the usual one has closed.

April

Sunday 4/2 – Amsterdam – Alco T&HS Rails Along The Mohawk Show , Riverfront Center
Sunday 4/16– Buffalo (N. Tonawanda) – TTCS Spring Into Summer show, Knights Of Columbus, Erie Ave.
Weekend 4/29-4/30 – Lockport - TTCS/NOME Train Show, Keenan Center

Easter is the 9th this year. I confirmed the two TTCS dates via email to promoter, there are flyers out for Lockport too but I don't have one handy.

May

Weekend 5/6-5/7- Fulton (Volney) - Oswego Valley Railroad Assoc. Spring Show, Volney VFD

I presume this will be the week after Lockport but as yet no info.

If I missed a show, feel free to add to the list, if you can copy the format that would be appreciated, or send me a message. The scope of this list is New York outside of New York City, but neighboring shows within an hour or so of major NY cities can be included.

I have some fall dates confirmed already; Massena, Syracuse, RIT all have their dates set. Some others will have their fall date following the spring show (Batavia, WNY RHS). I'll have a tentative list probably in May and do the actual post in August.
 #1613603  by tree68

Utica show was pretty good, from what I could see. It was packed with vendors, and packed with customers when I got there around noon. Picked up several items, including a Pere Marquette Adlake lantern.

Now to prepare for the trip to Springfield...
 #1613624  by SST

Amtrak arrived on time. Only a handful of passengers boarded in Buffalo. I was surprised at how many boarded in ROC. When we arrived in UCA, I was really surprised how many passengers got off the train and into the show. I'd take a guess at 30. I took coach going to UCA, and Business back to BUF. I like the Business seating set up with the cafe being the divider. WiFi worked well with no interruptions. No delays by CSX. We actually were about 30 minutes late out of UCA but 4 minutes early into BUF. I debated on whether to have dinner onboard. As we approached ROC, I decided to do it as I rarely take the train. I had the grilled cheese and a Rum and Coke [Coke was free]. Cost: $15.50. I laughed.

I was going to purchase a PenCentral cab-over tractor trailer. It was plastic and he wanted $15. If it was metal I would have bought it. Instead, I bought an ornamental steam locomotive for $10.

The Amtrak ride made the trip worth it.
 #1613631  by lvrr325

Utica show was about average. I bought a ton of cheap stuff to flip and a few neat things to keep.

Confirmed dates for future shows:

Binghamton - March 11 (flyers out)

Spring Fulton show - April 28-29

NEW SHOW DATES:

March

3/12 - Buffalo (Hamburg) - Toy Train Show by Chuck's Train Room - Sanborn Fire Hall

April -

4/22-4/23 - Illion - Valley Rail Sights Funtrak Club show -- Masonic Temple 118 Morgan St (off NY-51)

May -

5/7 - Buffalo (Hamburg) - TCA Upstate NY Chapter show, St. Marys Of The Lake Church School Hall
 #1615696  by MACTRAXX

Everyone - Add these shows within reasonable proximity of Upstate NY:

Jersey Central RHS/NRHS Train Show - Sunday March 5, 2023 - 9 AM to 3:30 PM
Mother Seton HS - 1 Valley Road, Clark, NJ - Garden State Parkway Exit 135 Clark Circle
Free Parking - Breakfast and Lunch Available - Admission: Adults $7; Under 12 Free
Information: JCRHS, PO Box 700, Clark, NJ 07066 ; Phone: 908-272-3910
Model Trains of all gauges, Railroad Books, Pictures, Slides, Videos, Antiques and Collectibles are available.
From Hudson Valley/Upstate NY: NYS Thruway Exit 14A (TWY mile 23.53) to GSP Connector 39.8 miles South...

What sets the Clark, NJ show apart from other regular train shows is that "Clark" has become one of the
best Railroadiana (hardware, paper, etc.) single-day yearly shows in the entire Northeastern US region -
Many rail enthusiast groups and historical societies are also in attendance...After those mentions the
"Clark Show" (as it is known to some) is a great place for **ALL** things rail...
______________________________________________________________________________________
Key, Lock and Lantern Annual Convention - Thursday to Sunday May 11-14, 2023 in Carbondale, PA 18407
Hotel Anthracite in Downtown Carbondale - 15 miles NE of Scranton www.klnl.org/pgConvention.htm
Home page: www.klnl.org
Key, Lock and Lantern has an Events Page for Train Shows (including those in NYS) around the USA:
www.klnl.org/pgEvents.htm

On a personal note I will be going to the Clark show and may well attend the KL&L Convention...
MACTRAXX