Railroad Forums 

• Why 6 month wait after interviewing for a position?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#114431  by Engineer Spike

You might have had some quality that they did not like. They might want to have the chance to go through the applicant pool to find someone already ready. You will have 6 months to regroup for a better second chance.

#114434  by JasonA

I think it's standard procedure, below was my rejection email.

Dear Mr. Jason ******,

Thank you for your interest in the BNSF Conductor Trainee position.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a position at this time. Please visit the website at www.bnsf.com for future employment opportunities. Please note; if you interviewed for this Conductor Trainee position, you are not eligible for a Conductor Trainee position with BNSF for a period of six (6) months.
 #121574  by JuKayes

bearfandan,

I'm in the same boat as you, I applied and went to orientation and testing for conductor trainee (Houston) this past February. I have several buddies that work out there. Two of them are yardmasters and knew the people I interviewed with. Basically I was told this from them, take it for what you want.

It has something to do with the company BNSF contracted to grade the test you had to take. Their computer rejects any answer sheet from the same applicant within a 6-mo period. I think it's a load of **** but that's what I was told...

So August can't get here fast enough... trust me, I feel your pain...