• Wheres the stored 500 series engine

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by BobLI

Passing Morris Park on the way to Flatbush I noticed the stored engine 5xx was gone. Also 1 of the 2 MP15's stored there is gone as well. Where did they go?

by bluebelly

It is number 521 and it is now on 16 track inside the roundhouse having the necessary work done to return it to service

BTW 408 the DE that suffered fire damage from a grade crossing accident was repaired and returned to service a couple of weeks ago.

by davelirrider

so I take it that 503 was canabalized further in order to fix 408?

by bodhisattva

They may have used parts from the 503 but that unit is well borrowed from already so I dont see what they could have removed from it. the 408 has a brand new fiber glass nose with new decals. Looks real good.

by Long Island 7285

Did they put the MTA logo on it yet?

by RPM2Night

sounds like 408 is something to keep our eyes out for and try and get a photo ;)

by bluebelly

Long Island 7285 wrote:Did they put the MTA logo on it yet?
Nope

by MACTRAXX

..leave pac man off,please...I have NEVER liked the 90s MTA logo. MACTRAXX

by Long Island 7285

Let's honor the MTA and give'm a heritage logo, 2toned M with the Long Island Written under it. :wink:

by AmtrakPhill629

Long Island 7285
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:21 pm Post subject:
Let's honor the MTA and give'm a heritage logo, 2toned M with the Long Island Written under it.

that would look nice.

by Long Island 7285

Thats the best I can think of that is not a keystone, long island logo, dan/dottie, and still looks "alright"

by Otto Vondrak

Yeah, yeah. You kids done yet?

-otto-

by Long Island 7285

And the rain fall's washing the M Long Island logo and smudging on a Pacman :(
Last edited by Long Island 7285 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by bodhisattva

The 408 is in the receiving yard idling not coupled to anything. Havent seen it on the Road yet...

bodhisattva

by M1 9147

2 toned M a thing of the past except if you put it on museum equipment. Only revenue/in-service equipment still out there is M1 9553, MP15AC 158, and SW1001 100. Other than that, pretty much all in the Packman logo, and scheme.