• What would you Rather have a Daily Cardinal or Sunset?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by railfanofewu

AmtrakFan wrote:Martha prorably flew in her Private Jet to Camp Cupcake but would be nice if she took Amtrak. Also I agree with Mr. Weaver if Amtrak had enough Equitment I'd also make a daily LAX-NOL Sunset then have a Corridor Train between NOL-MIA and still would have the Sunset Tri-Weekly.

AmtrakFan
I am for both.

Also, in the case of Martha, I thought she should have had to do Community Service in Beech Grove, Indiana. Doing re-decorating for Amtrak.

by updrumcorpsguy

AmtrakFan wrote: I am for both.

Also, in the case of Martha, I thought she should have had to do Community Service in Beech Grove, Indiana. Doing re-decorating for Amtrak.
Now THAT is a good idea! Whether you love her or hate her, she does know what America likes - and Amtrak could use a dose of that, in the sleepers, coaches, stations, and dining facilities :-)

In terms of the Cardinal vs. the Sunset: I think all the cities on the Sunset route deserve service, but it should be daily service, and not on a train that is geared towards some sort of ideal of transcontinental service (especially given it's dismal performance) Split the Sunset at New Orleans, and make both halves daily, with no connection.

Keep the Cardinal low level, give it a diner (since it has runs over three meal periods) and make it daily. I'd rather have the Three Rivers than the Cardinal if I had to choose, but it seems the Cardinal is what we have to work with.

by AmtrakFan

Also, in the case of Martha, I thought she should have had to do Community Service in Beech Grove, Indiana. Doing re-decorating for Amtrak.[/quote]
I like that idea maybe she could rebuilt the entrie fleet for free. Also maybe she also could be working at Kmart with that.

AmtrakFan

by CNJ

My personal preference is for a daily Sunset whose eastern terminus would be New Orleans.

by railfanofewu

CNJ wrote:My personal preference is for a daily Sunset whose eastern terminus would be New Orleans.
When it was originally extended to Miami, wasn't the Sunset's frequency daily to New Orleans, and Tri-Weekly to Miami?

by David Benton

always been triweekly i think .

by AmtrakFan

David Benton wrote:always been triweekly i think .
Yes it has been scince 70.

AmtrakFan