Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Liquidcamphor

A regular contributor in this forum...VD Yard, mentioned that a person was wearing a "Moo-Moo". What exactly is a "Moo-Moo"?

by Dave Keller

It's a loose-fitting, floral patterned, tropical dress that you see hawaiian women of all sizes and shapes wearing.

They are shown frequently on reruns of "Magnum PI" and "Hawaii Five-O."

Dave Keller
  by bluebelly

Liquidcamphor wrote:A regular contributor in this forum...VD Yard, mentioned that a person was wearing a "Moo-Moo". What exactly is a "Moo-Moo"?
Actually it was Clem who coined the phase "Moo-Moo" VD used the term "garb'. Regardless there is no room on the RR for this kind of stuff. A person should not be judged by the color of their Moo-Moo.

by N340SG

Liquid,

I thought you were kidding about not ever hearing the term.
Apparently, it's actually spelled "Muu Muu".

example:

http://www.hilohattie.com/items.cfm?cat ... oup_id=127

Tom

With no dis to anyone...just to help answer the man's question.

by Lupo 10

Didn't Mrs. Roper wear Muu Muu's?

Wow are going to have this thread shut down quick. How does this relate to anything? LOL

by Knife-Switch

MOO MOO =

Muu Muu =

by freightguy

moo(moo) intr.v. mooed, mooing, moos. To emit the deep, bellowing sound made by a cow; to low.-n.,pl. moos. The lowing of a cow, or a similar sound.

American Heritage dictionary :P

Dave:

I think Higgins wore one of those in an old episode of Magnum P.I. My dad thoroughly enjoyed your new book I got him a signed copy. Nice job!

LIRR personel: I find most post very informative from the handful of employee contributors. It is interesting seeing the different viewpoints of T&E, MofE, and managers(I think). Good to see a couple of people still take an active interest in the job.

GREG

by RRChef

Higgins wore those flowered shirts. We used to call them "Herb Shirts" cause only a guy named Herb would be caught dead in one!

Seriously, isn't the correct spelling mau mau??

by Dave Keller

Mau Mau were a tribe in Africa that had a massive uprising in, I believe, the 1950s or 60s.

Dave Keller

P.S. Higgins did on occasion wear the flower shirts but mostly he wore the khaki uniform-style shirts worn by the British Army in warm climes. Once he wore a japanese dress and masqueraded as a Kabuki.

DK

by Paul

Homer Simpson wore one as well. I will try to find and post a picture before this thread gets locked.

by VCRail

This is sad but Homer Simpson wore one in the episode in which he becomes overweight to qualified as disabled so he can work at home.

by emfinite

Muu muu Homer:

by WIN Tower

switch !!!
now that is funny , the sad part is that people who dress like that are the up-and-coming future managers of am-trash .