Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by One of One-Sixty

On OB the 9:28 into Mineola is ususally push by 520 and the cab car is 5020, but the last two day it has been 519 in service.

Is 520 relocated to a different branch or is it being serviced?

by Scrap em Again

Engines and their consists get shuttled around frequently, it is quite rare to see the smame exact consist holding the same exact schedual the next day. However the consist may work the branch for a day or two, but might be on a diffrent run time wise. The Greenport scoot usually hangs out there for 2 to 3 days befoere it is swapped out for new equipment. Lately the 418 been running alot on the Port Jeff, see it almost everyday for 2 weeks straight, but that just is a coincidence, nothing set in stone on the railroad.

by M1 9147

Tonight I saw it there hauling 4 coaches (5007 the cab car). Also 514 was back on PJ to which I haven't seen in a while on train 658.

by BMC

Regular scheduled periodic inspection ... out of service in Morris Park.
  by Sean 418

Hello all
I was curious if anyone knows where the de 30 416 has been lately. I have not seen it on the road for quite some time ( 3years). I also have not seen 506, 512, or 5008 in quite some time.

by AmtrakPhill629

I havent seen them around,but I go to Lynbrook every Friday and Saturday to see the DE/DM30's and hear them blow the horn at Lynbrook. Yesterday I saw DM 522 with 3 bilevel cars around 4:00 to 4:10. At 4:40 I saw DM 507 and 508 with 10 - 12 bilevels. I wonder what Ill see today.

by M1 9147

That set was on Port Jeff on Tuesday having 8 cars. I guess it had added cars for the Cannonball run on Friday that you saw.