Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by CHANGEATJAMAICA

ITS BEEN QUITE A WHILE SINCE I'VE TRAINWATCHED ON LONG ISLAND...OVER THIRTY YEARS...SO I'M NOT ACQUAINTED WITH THE CURRENT EQUIPMENT THE LIRR USES. THIS PAST WEEKEND I HAD THE (MIS)FORTUNE OF WATCHING THE WEST APPROACHES TO JAMAICA FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF HOSPITAL ROOM AT JAMAICA MEDICAL CENTER (AS A VISITOR). I OBSERVED NUMEROUS ELECTRIC CONSISTS OF 10 TO 12 UNITS AND A NUMBER OF DIESEL PUSH/PULL UNITS OF VARYING LENGTHS COMING OUT OF THE MORRIS PARK YARDS. WHAT WAS I LOOKING AT AND WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IF I HAVE TO RETURN? THANKS.
BEST REGARDS,
RODGER

by DutchRailnut

first thing to look for is capslock button, its on left above the shift button.

by Long Island 7285

Ease up on him.

He either can be visually impared and the caps help him see the letters better
(im close friends with some one like that)

or he ment it out of exitement as he claims he was no on LI for several years and has the slightest clue to what he seen.

i dont like the attacking of some one because they forgot the caps on or used it for what ever there reason. if the caps bother you do us all a favor and dont post.

the diesel push pull sets you seen were consisted of the new DE and or DM30ac diesel or Dual Mode locomotives. the cars are either a plain C3 commuter coach or a C3 cab car commuter coach.

as for the eletrics you probly remember the M1s and the M3s with out the roof mounted lights witch were added i beleive between 94-96.

the new eletrics you seen were the new much talked about M7s witch are fast taking over the 30 year old budd M1s