• West Trenton Rush-Hour Express

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by SEPTA2461

I have seen the ex-Pullman Comets hanging around at Overbrook yard west. What are they still doing around? If they're not on the overhaul list, I would think they'd be sent to the scrap heap by now.
  by rslitman

I happened to see train 6378 three of the first four working days this week, and all three days, it was a push-pull set. When I saw it on Monday (4/4), I thought it was a one-time thing because of the problems on the line to Delaware, making it more difficult to run a push-pull set out there. So I put my sighting in the Interesting Consists topic here. However, I then saw a push-pull set again on Wednesday (4/6) and today (4/7). I would have been more inclined to think this is a permanent change if I had first started seeing them next week, when the new schedule changes go into effect. But maybe they're jumping the gun in this respect. I don't know if any of the morning expresses on the West Trenton line have push-pulls. 6321 does not. It is usually a set of V's, but this morning, it was a set of IV's. I have forgotten to look out the window of my train to see if 6325 has push-pulls now. The earliest of the three expresses, due at Bethayres around 7:00 a.m., usually has come and gone by the time I get there.

The locomotive today and on Monday was 2301. The one on Wednesday was 2303. I wasn't able to see the numbers for the leading cab cars on Monday and Wednesday, but the one today was 2407.
  by CNJGeep

6325 (6) had a push-pull