Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by northjerseybuff

Is Metro North planning on keeping their GP40FH-2's? NJT will be replacing theirs with newer engines in the next year. Also all of the older equipment that I was used to seeing I understand has gone back to the other side of the Hudson. Are there plans to use that equipment again? Seems to me that the coaches weren't that old. I'm sure they could find a use for them somewhere on the system

by DutchRailnut

MNCR is keeping their locomotives, the older West of Hudson fleet is slated to go for rebuilt and contract talks are going on on that.
the PL42ac is not looking to succesfull so far and being 4 months overdue with non deliverdd I would say maybe MNCR will be in market for more P40's or P42';s for west of Hudson service.
If NJT does not like that to bad MNCR can always run their own service to Port Jervice.

by harmon44

I have observed a train set in the croton west yard. Does anyone know if they are being scrapped or being sent out for rebuilding. Thanks in advance.