• Viewliner II Delivery/Production

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by bostontrainguy

In service I assume? Great news . . . Finally!
  by ngotwalt

I assume it's deadheading...back to Albany...
Nick
  by Greg Moore

Why assume that.

I'm pretty sure it's in actual revenue service.
  by John_Perkowski

DutchRailnut wrote:believe all heritage diners are done for.
Mr Dunville recently (Thanksgiving weekend) reported he had one on the City of New Orleans, if I recall correctly.
  by ngotwalt

I figured there would be more fanfare, also, it seems like the baggage cars were there for a few months, before they went into service. I guess it's just a different production practice. Thought there would be more fanfare too.
Nick
  by DutchRailnut

first diner, Annapolis is reported to be in service on train 98 poster did see people eating in the car. (from another forum)
  by ngotwalt

So just for the record, it means that the 68001 has been accepted and is officially in service, correct?

Nick
  by east point

let us wait for 68000 and 68002 to come out then we will know how fast the V-2 diners will arrive
  by ApproachMedium

How long will it be in service before theres a problem and its yanked like the 8400 was and the bags. I think it wasnt even a week before the 8400 was back in SSYD with door problems lol.
  by hs3730

I am quite curious, how does a manually operated door on a car that only opens its door at service stops have door problems? Or was it the end doors in/out of the car?
  by ApproachMedium

The doors from car to car are electric.
  by east point

AM You mentioned the CBs are located outside the Amfleet cars. Are they completely sealed or can snow get into their compartment(s) ?
  by ApproachMedium

They have weather stripping. Snow never seems to be a problem with them though because theres no venting or blowers that might suck the snow in. Snow is also not really an issue with AC stuff. It is with DC.