• Viewliner II Delivery/Production

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Backshophoss

The link is not working. :(
  by ACeInTheHole

Saw them for myself earlier, while on other business that led me by the yard... very nice cars.
  by gregorygrice

Matt Johnson wrote:From the cars' earlier testing last year: the only time you'll see an HHP-8 and Viewliner IIs I suppose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fK31PcyFPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And a Keystone cab controlling an HHP-8. :-D
  by DutchRailnut

If you look at testing of HHP-8's when new you see 9800 as cab car in lead ;-)
  by gregorygrice

DutchRailnut wrote:If you look at testing of HHP-8's when new you see 9800 as cab car in lead ;-)
Yeah that definitely tops my video by 1000% But I'll take what I can get :-)
  by ThirdRail7

gregorygrice wrote:
Matt Johnson wrote:From the cars' earlier testing last year: the only time you'll see an HHP-8 and Viewliner IIs I suppose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fK31PcyFPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And a Keystone cab controlling an HHP-8. :-D

It's probably the last time you'll see a cab car on a test train. They have two ACS scheduled to bracket this test train. I guess this is what happens when you actually have enough engines. Perhaps someone should notify the IG. :wink:
  by dcipjr

Is there any timeline for when we might actually have Viewliner II sleepers in service? I'm taking a trip in August on the Silver Meteor, and have a sleeper booked...I'm wondering whether it's at all possible that it might be in a V-II.
  by Jeff Smith

V-Bags are obviously simpler than Diners and Sleepers; what will the testing regimen be?
  by Greg Moore

dcipjr wrote:Is there any timeline for when we might actually have Viewliner II sleepers in service? I'm taking a trip in August on the Silver Meteor, and have a sleeper booked...I'm wondering whether it's at all possible that it might be in a V-II.
As I'm pretty sure the sleepers are last to come out, which means next year, I wouldn't place any bets on getting a new sleeper.
  by gregorygrice

dcipjr wrote:Is there any timeline for when we might actually have Viewliner II sleepers in service? I'm taking a trip in August on the Silver Meteor, and have a sleeper booked...I'm wondering whether it's at all possible that it might be in a V-II.

In August, nope...
  by dcipjr

Figured as much. I've only ever been on the Superliners, so I'm actually looking forward to trying out the Viewliner. I guess the II will have to wait for a future trip.
  by gokeefe

You actually are going to get to experience a piece of history. The Viewliner I accomodations just prior to a likely renovation and major refurbishment.

When you finally do ride in a Viewliner II you will be on of the few people who post here that will be able to make a comparison based on recent experience.