• Upper Montclair station damaged by fire

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by BlockLine_4111

Nice place !! Looks like Charlie Browns closed down and they redid the metered parking system over there.
  by Roadgeek Adam

BlockLine_4111 wrote:Nice place !! Looks like Charlie Browns closed down and they redid the metered parking system over there.
Looks like this gets the bump of the month award.

In full honesty, the Erie Saloon, the station restaurant in Walnut Street passes for me as your local bar. The Station at Upper Montclair comes off as a rich-man's restaurant, but I've never seen anybody there besides the staff on weekends. It's always a ghost town.
  by blockline4180

BlockLine_4111 wrote:Nice place !! Looks like Charlie Browns closed down and they redid the metered parking system over there.
Wow, long time no post!! How you been man??

Seems Charlie Browns is closing down all over the state.. Hackettstown location closed down a few months ago.
  by sixty-six

blockline4180 wrote:
Wow, long time no post!! How you been man??

Seems Charlie Browns is closing down all over the state.. Hackettstown location closed down a few months ago.
The company that owned them filed for bankruptcy.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Charlie Brown's was sold to a new owner under the bankruptcy deal. The underperforming locations were closed down.
  by blockline4180

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Charlie Brown's was sold to a new owner under the bankruptcy deal. The underperforming locations were closed down.

So then I guess the Denville location is staying open?? Or is that yet to be determined?
  by cruiser939

You know what's interesting? I didn't give a crap about this thread when it was started, and every time it gets bumped I care even less. But the fact that it has been around for a while and I haven't posted in it drew my ire...
  by blockline4180

cruiser939 wrote:You know what's interesting? I didn't give a crap about this thread when it was started, and every time it gets bumped I care even less. But the fact that it has been around for a while and I haven't posted in it drew my ire...

LOL, okay?!?
  by BlockLine_4111

blockline4180 wrote:Wow, long time no post!! How you been man??
Doing well, let's just say I was "lying low under the cat-wire for quite some time". 4111 is back !!!