• Update on the 3 Alcos and other stuff

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by railroadcarmover

#41 has a ground relay problem and 2 traction motors are burned.

#45 has a shut down problem ( governor related ) and a burned brake grid.

#78 is running pretty good ( ran on SY1 ) and had the computer changed.

misc:
BDLX #901 (ex CR SW900) may see service on NYSW.

BDLX #2209 (my ownership) is in good running condition. Just had a PM.

by SRS125

what dose BDLX Stand for I cant find anything on it outher than BDLX Corp. What do the letters stand for??

by trainfreak

I read on the NYSW Yahoo! list that the BDLX 2209 was going down on the SU100 last night (12/22.) Also it was thought that the ALCo #78 was also making the run. The other two locomotives were the 4006 and 3618.

by Conrail4014

BDLX is Big Dog Leasing, which I understand to be a part of RMDI, which is a locomotive repair/rebuild/salvage outfit in Pittston, PA.

Conrail4014

by SRS125

I would have never guessed that BDLX stands for Big Dog :wink:

by railroadcarmover

yes, BDLX is Big Dog Leasing. It is afilliated with RMDI. Even though I own #2209 i am using those reporting marks for tracking purposes.

I think Ron owns a big dog. I will ask him next time i see him. :)

etc

by Noel Weaver

I always thought BDLX stood for "Broken Down Locomotives". :-D :-D
HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU ALL!!
Noel Weaver

by SRS125

good one Noel I had seen a few Ex NS locos with BDLX Marks at the NYS&W's utica shops that looked to have seen beter days.

by cjvrr

It has been reported that two more Alcos (SIXX 47 and 77) are now on the property and being preped for service.

Chris

by scottychaos

Anyone have the current status for the big Carier Alcos?
are there still 5 of them on the Susquehanna?
which ones are running? and where?

and..who actually owns them?
I know Susquehanna is leasing them, but leasing from who?
thanks,
Scot

by ANDY117

77, 78, and 45 have been around Bingo. Ill tell you all whats here tonight on the NYS railfan forum. 901 sits in Bingo. I have seen a fews BDLX units running around here lately.

by Paul

Computers on an Alco? Did I miss read something? Tell me more?

by railroadcarmover

BDLX #2209 is on lease to the CNY.

by ANDY117

I saw 78 tonight. I also saw that BDLX a few months back. i was paired upo with some sorta Cab unit.

by cjvrr

Paul,

These units were upgraded by Cartier several times. Supposedly they have a computer system and wiring comparable to GEs Dash 8s.

One problem had been that the computers were programmed in French, so the NYS&W guys could not read the error messages. Supposedly they have been reprogrammed to English. Everything else is(was) labelled in French on the units too.

Chris