Railroad Forums 

• UP Chicago training in-game

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1250129  by nascarjjfanlowes48

I start on 3 March 2013 for train crew fro Chicago, can you tell me what things I should bring with me on the first day, and for lunch do they provide it, or would I have to bring it. Do they have ample supplies of coffee? Any help would be great thanks.
 #1250394  by WhiskeyBravo270

I am going through conductor training also. I am not sure when you qualify for health but I know it is not during your initial training. I am thinking you'll probably qualify before you start conductor OJT; maybe not until you complete advanced conductor training. I am starting the 3rd week on Monday and have heard nothing about health insurance. I think the union handles that and you do not start paying dues until OJT I think. I am not sure when insurance starts but I know you'll not have it the first month.

Read my other post for other pertinent info. Study before the exams--especially TWC and hazardous materials. God Speed.