• TTC (Toronto) Rolling Stock discussion

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by Robert Paniagua

On January 27, 2012, the last of the H4 cars were retired, thus leaving the H5 (mfg 1976-81) as the oldest. But in three to four years, soon you wont be able to see out the ends of the cars because all there will be left will be the new T35A08 and Bombardier T1=, which leads me to ask this: Are the T1's current corner cabs going to be converted into permanent Transverse (full width) cabs. I hope not, since I'd still like to see out front and back, but Ive seen theyve been built with provision to make the cabs transverse from the current phone booth as they are now.

Also, for veteran TTC railfans, including myself, Anyone reme,mber the Gloucester, M1 and H1 cars?
  by ExCon90

I remember the Gloucesters -- the color and sounds were about as British as you could get. If the Montreal metro was Paris, the Toronto subway was London.
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I remember the TTC's older "Gloucester Red" cars myself and I recall how sturdy they were...
I also remember the M1 MLW cars and the H1s myself...
This link should offer more insight: http://transit.toronto.on.ca/
This subject should also be included in "Canadian Railfan"...

MACTRAXX