Railroad Forums 

• Trenton Subdivision

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1642396  by JohnFromJersey

Not sure how there isn't a thread for this line, unless it's on a different board (whatever the Pennsylvania/Philly board is?).

Over the last year or so, I see myself in the West Trenton area quite, and sometimes when I have time, I'll try catching a train passing through the SEPTA West Trenton stop.

Does anyone have a schedule and number of the trains that pass through here, as well as what are some good areas to catch trains? I caught a monster 200+ car CSX train barreling through the West Trenton station on Thursday.
 #1642433  by Bracdude181

Woodbourne PA is a pretty good spot. Let's you see trains working the yard along with the Fairless Branch which I believe is worked by MO-25? Also the NS Morrisville Line crosses overhead there but hardly anything goes down it.

Only problem is as far as the freights go, you will sometimes wait HOURS to see a train on that line. If freights ran consistently and more frequently I'd probably go there a lot more since its not too far from my house. Septa runs through there too but it's usually only their EMU sets through there. 🥱 Once in a great while they'll run a rail train through there with very strange diesel power though.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

#1642450  by Railcar1

And CSX from time to time also has curfews for track work elsewhere on the sub or even further south below Philly mainly during the daytime hours too. Is MOR-1 still switching Staley along the Delaware Sunday mornings and Tues and Thurs evenings?