• Tree trimming on the NJCL?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by NY&LB

Last evening, when I drove past Monmouth Park, I was surprised to see three pieces of high-rail equipment on the MP siding, looks like tree triming equipment, one truck towing a wood chipper, another "bucket truck" and a third vehicle with a "bucket" that looked it could double as a front loader. All yellow and I could not see any company lettering. There was also a flat bed truck parked along side that probably brought in the bucket/front-end loader.

Will be interesting to see what the trio is used for, all facing EAST.

by ApproachMedium

I have seen these many of times thru my travels of the middletown and red bank area. Once i saw them about 3 years ago trimming along the Middletown section near middletown station. About a week or 2 ago i saw these trimming trees and the such right behind my work in Redbank and near the rt35 crossing on the red bank shrewsbury border.

They just trim trees and bushes along the ROW so that they don't get in the way of trains or overgrow and get caught in the cantenary. Would be pritty bad if a tree got caught in the overhead lines and a pantograph snagged it.

by Jtgshu

There was some trucks parked at the Oak Hill Road xing in Middletown on Thursday I think it was. there was also a large stack of Concrete ties at the Xing, im assuming they are going to be rebuilding the Xing sooner rather than later.