Railroad Forums 

• Transfer Question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#125390  by thinkingaboutit

First I would like to think all those who posted replies to my previous question. I found all the replies very helpful.

I was wondering how hard is it to transfer locations within CSX and do you lose any of your senority when you transfer. Also does CSX pay by the mile, salary or wages?

Also what is the retirement rules with CSX. Are you elgible to retire in 30 years or do you have to be a certain age?

#125951  by CSX Conductor

There ar several seniority districts. You can transfer anywhere within you seniority district and maintain you seniority. However, if you re-locate to another senioirty district (i.e. I move to Florida), all seniority is forfeited and start at bottom of te new roster.

Many of the seniority districts are quite large, for example being on the Albany Division can excercise my seniority anywhere from Boston to as far west as Cleveland,OH and as far south as Oak Island,NJ and northern parts of New York, such as Massena, Watertown and Niagra Falls.

Also, we are able to change assignments every 30 days if we choose to. :-)

As fo retirement, 30 years of service/60 years of age requiremnt for full benefits. Go to the Railroad Retirement Board's web-site for more information. :wink: