Railroad Forums 

• Trains and operations in Browns Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1631895  by JohnFromJersey

So, DRRR is being allowed to run on the Amboy Secondary to reach the Hightstown Industrial? I know not much traffic is on that track anymore these days, so it seems like it would be a good spot to put cars
 #1631898  by AWSmith

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:21 pm So, DRRR is being allowed to run on the Amboy Secondary to reach the Hightstown Industrial? I know not much traffic is on that track anymore these days, so it seems like it would be a good spot to put cars
Do they already run between the switch points on the wye? Hightstown is only another 275 feet.
 #1631900  by CR7876

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:21 pm So, DRRR is being allowed to run on the Amboy Secondary to reach the Hightstown Industrial? I know not much traffic is on that track anymore these days, so it seems like it would be a good spot to put cars
On 7/1/22 they were granted rights only for interchange on the Hightstown " clear of the Amboy switch" and on the Amboy Sec itself between MP 14 and MP 13.

If you noticed, almost everytime the JB-1 worked, they turned the power . Outbounds would be left on the east leg and the power would be run over the Amboy back to the west leg.
 #1632538  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:What’s up with SA31 running to Port Reading tonight??
NJCL is shut down this weekend from 2am Saturday to 2am Monday. There was no OI16 today, not enough time for PR52 to run to Browns and back. So SA31 made a move with outbounds from Browns to Port Reading and picked up the inbounds that PR06 brought down from Oak Island in the OI16 time slot.