Railroad Forums 

• train symbol question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#105570  by mike

While in Lima today, a train came southbound down the Toledo Sub that had 3 leasers on it. The train was predominately containers, specifically hamburg-sud with a mixture of other international containers. After probably 30 or 35 single-stack containers came some autoracks. I thought this was q-245, but am just looking for some clarification.

Also passed over the CF&E on 309, and noticed a sizeable mixed freight with 3 csx sd40s on the point. Does CSX still run through on some trains? One of the CF&E's units still in CNW paint was smoking good in the small yard too.

Thanks for any responses.

#105607  by railohio

Q243 usually has the container traffic, but any of the regular rack trains can carry it.

The CFtW&E grain trains still operate with CSX power. The I&O has also been leasing CSX power to take up some slack. They probably used some of these units they had sitting around.
 #105743  by MSchwiebert

It may have also been Q231. When I've seen Q245 go by the house in Perrysburg it's almost always a solid train of autoracks.

Michael Schwiebert
mike wrote:While in Lima today, a train came southbound down the Toledo Sub that had 3 leasers on it. The train was predominately containers, specifically hamburg-sud with a mixture of other international containers. After probably 30 or 35 single-stack containers came some autoracks. I thought this was q-245, but am just looking for some clarification.

Also passed over the CF&E on 309, and noticed a sizeable mixed freight with 3 csx sd40s on the point. Does CSX still run through on some trains? One of the CF&E's units still in CNW paint was smoking good in the small yard too.

Thanks for any responses.

#105888  by railohio

Q231 usually has a block of slop freight on the end of it, though. Maybe they stopped doing that; it's been a while since I've seen it.