Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Westporter

From Westportnow.com:

The timing could not have been worse. As Joseph Giulietti, president of Metro-North, spoke at a train forum Thursday night in the eastbound station house at Westport, a few feet away Westport commuters fumed as their train stopped but failed to open its doors before continuing on to Fairfield....

Passenger: “That means, not one MTA employee noticed the doors didn’t open and more scary, never checked the platform.The conductor would only tell me his name was Paul and said he made a mistake and was sorry. Really?"

http://www.westportnow.com/index.php?/v ... arby/#more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by DutchRailnut

I believe this was a replacement train, after original train failed at Stamford, so Conductor may not have had chance to test doors.
  by runningwithscalpels

Gee, I would consider doors opening OFF platform 'outrageously' unsafe.

As annoying as the situation could be, I'm pretty sure there are worse things that they could waste hot air complaining about.
  by Travelsonic

runningwithscalpels wrote:Gee, I would consider doors opening OFF platform 'outrageously' unsafe.

As annoying as the situation could be, I'm pretty sure there are worse things that they could waste hot air complaining about.
Yeah, because it's a choice between that or something unsafe happening, and that something worse could happen makes it not something worth beign at least annoyed at. *rolls eyes*

Much as I dislike needless complaining, I hate needless deflection and strawman equally.
  by DutchRailnut

it took you three months to reply on this ??? why bother...Really...