Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by alcoAL

I saw this posted on the lioddities.com forum. Anyone know what this person is talking about?

"Ok, it's been a couple years since I've been here, but on Broadway in Holbrook, on a piece of property behind a church and some houses, there are what appear to be two old train cars. Anyone have anything for me re: these? I'll try to get pictures soon, but I can't promise anything."

by badneighbor

not sure... i live near there, i will investigate later today...

by Long Island 7285

This not related to Holbrook, but i have found some remains of the cederhurst cutoff. from the looks of it, the remains are actully in the side of some ones backyard on west broadway in cederhurst.
remains are vissible with some looking while driving, and only consist of several evenly spaced concrete fence poles similar to what outlines the white stone ROW and many other currently inservice ROWs.

does anyone know what the nimbys have up there sleeves i seen excavation work on 2 ends of the same block on the CLP-WM ROW. some buldosing has tared up plantlife and left yellow sand like dirt. the damage is in direct alignment with the ROW.

Hilton ave, and st peters pl. i beleive are the streets that its visible from.
investagation is needed.