• Today's trip to Patchogue(hassled at Mineola)

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by NIMBYkiller

Took the bus to Mineola. While gettin some pics, an MTA cop asked to talk to me. After explaining to him that photography is legal without a tripod, he then changed it to how he was worried about my safety and saying I was too close to the platform edge(uh hu, sure, dude, I was atleast 3 ft away from the edge)

Took the bus to Freeport

Got the 8:29 M7 out of Freeport. Got to Babylon, switched to a C3. I'm starting to think reverse commuting is just as popular as regular pattern commuting. This train, atleast 4 cars of bi-levels, was SRO! Probabaly 20 people standing per car. Alot of people(including me) did get off at Bay Shore, but I think for the most part, all the seats were still filled.

After going to the Bay Shore, Sayville, and Patchogue ferry companies, I got the 4:43 C3 from Montauk to Babylon. Again, very crowded. Due to a car shortage, the train was SRO by the time we hit Bay Shore(that Bay Shore ferry is very popular. Very busy terminal, about 8 ferry slips, then 2 other ferry terminals in Bay Shore).

Switched to an M7 at Babylon. Took it to Freeport.

All in all, a fairly good day

by Legio X

Once again, someone's problem with authority rears it's ugly head....

by NIMBYkiller

It's not a problem with authority. It's a problem with cops who make up BS laws. Atleast this guy realized he was wrong.