Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Johnny F

While driving down Commercial Ave today, I saw a pair of LIRR MP15s and a string of gondolas and flats parked opposite the team yard. Engines weren't moving, but red lights were "on" on the lead unit. Anyone know what's going on? I've seen cars parked there on several occasions, but not locos.

by LIRailfan79

Today (Sept 28th) i was at New Hyde Park, and i think i saw the train you are refering to going west bound around 2:30.

by Johnny F

I should have been a little clearer - the train I saw was on the old Central, east of Garden City, not the Central between Bethpage and Babylon. I don't think we saw the same train.

by Lirr168

Johnny F wrote:I should have been a little clearer - the train I saw was on the old Central, east of Garden City, not the Central between Bethpage and Babylon. I don't think we saw the same train.
oh, you mean the GC Secondary portion of the Central?

by Johnny F

Yes, sorry for confusion.

by Otto Vondrak

When was "today?" Nevermind, I fixed it for you.

by Long Island 7285

as of 10am 9/28 the 167w/64e both glass out were online at quintin roosevelt blvb across from LIB garages.

by Brock

Long Island, in what language are you speaking?

Cedarhurst Brock

by Long Island 7285

Long Island, in what language are you speaking?
Cedarhurst Brock
What i ment was the engines were cuppled front end to front end and were idleing.

by utubrother

the 164 and 167 are back in morris park and they were on wellwood siding

by emfinite

Here are 164 and 167 on the Wellwood siding as of 9/29:

Joe

by One of One-Sixty

OMG that pic is awesome........

by badneighbor

emfin... is that submitted to railpics?

by emfinite

Nope, not yet. I have one just like it submitted so I doubt they'll take this one.

Joe

by NIMBYkiller

AWESOME PHOTO JOE!