• Tickets all over the floor (punched)

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Launcher

I have been seeing SEPTA tickets on the floor of the train more and more often. Since when are conductors not required to take an accurate tally of fares and passengers?

In so many ways... NJT is so much more efficiently run.
  by scotty269

Launcher wrote:I have been seeing SEPTA tickets on the floor of the train more and more often. Since when are conductors not required to take an accurate tally of fares and passengers?

I hate when I see that.

by amusing erudition

They can count without having the tickets. A passenger count is going to include people without collectible tickets (i.e. people with passes) anyway, so the number of tickets is fairly meaningless.

As far as fares, I think they'd only be interested in fares sold, and there are punched receipts for that.

-asg
  by whovian

Launcher wrote:I have been seeing SEPTA tickets on the floor of the train more and more often. Since when are conductors not required to take an accurate tally of fares and passengers?

Are you talking about unpunched tickets that people by from the ticket offices, or are you talking about the punched receipts that conductors issue passengers when they purchase a cash fare on board?

by jb9152

SEPTA conductors and ACs are required to turn in punched ticket office-issued tickets that they collect. The cash fare receipt (used when a conductor or AC sells an on-board fare) has two portions, one for the passenger (essentially a receipt) and one to turn in with a cash report. SEPTA has no control over the passenger's portion, although it would be really nice if the passengers wouldn't just immediately toss them on the floor.

by amusing erudition

jb9152 wrote:SEPTA conductors and ACs are required to turn in punched ticket office-issued tickets that they collect.
What purpose does that serve if they've been canceled? I understand picking them up to be tidy, but I don't see why it should matter that they are turned in to management and not the circular filing cabinet.

-asg