Railroad Forums 

• The RCL controversy continues , courtesy of the UTU

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#266323  by jg greenwood

thebigc wrote:Just in case you guys thought I was making up that VIA deal and for those with selective amnesia, take a look at this.
Ah yes, NOW I know why my dues are $105.68/month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$hit-can both the BLE and the UTU and bring back the BRT!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

#266746  by GOLDEN-ARM

That's just what I was talking about. The UTU has once again spewed a bunch of filthy, vile lies, and the members lap it up, and ask for seconds. The goings on in Canada (isn't that place a "second world" country, anyways :P ) don't reflect ANYTHING that is happening, here in the USA. If you took the time to read the same story, on the BLE pages, you would see a polar opposite, to the UTU diatribe. The BLE certainly does accept members who work "outside the cab", so to speak. You didn't respond th the FACT that the UTU was uncerimoniously thrown out of the AFL/CIO. Where is the outrage for your leaders taking you down that dark and shamefull path? You also mentioned the NYSW as "proof" the Union bargained only for engineers. You are CORRECT. The employees of the NYSW are all engineers. Some are awaiting promotion, but they are all engineers. They have a trainmens date, and an engineers date. They bid on jobs, based on that seniority. They are called for extra jobs, based on that seniority, in board standing order. The trainmen haven't been screwed on that property. They are working that craft, awaiting promotion to engineer. They have lost no rights, in the agreements in effect on that property. How do a few Canuks losing a job, temporarily, compare to the thousands who were "sold down the river", never to railroad again, thanks to the UTU? I WAS in your union. Were you ever in MINE? Our Union is not considering a one man operation. Are you certain, yours isn't? Try asking a switch tender, fireman, head-man, swing man etc., what they think. (OH, S&#@, that's right, they are gone............SOLD OUT for a few pennies) There is no such thing, as a "post '85" engineer. Know what I mean..................... :P

The BRT??? HOW old are you, JG......... :-D :wink: :-D :wink: :-D :wink:

#266766  by jg greenwood

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:
The BRT??? HOW old are you, JG......... :-D :wink: :-D :wink: :-D :wink:
59-years young the 9 TH. of June. The Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen had this really cool logo: a snake intertwined in a brake-wheel. My dad had a 1964 Buick Wildcat when I started on the PRR in 1966. I obtained a sticker with the BRT logo and applied it to the now nonexistant vent window. I wish I would have held onto it, both the Wildcat and the sticker! :wink:

#266773  by GOLDEN-ARM

Still carry your oak brake wheel club, with you.................? :-D

You might see one of those stickers, with a little patience, on eBay............ :wink: Probably the Wildcat too..........

#266775  by jg greenwood

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Still carry your oak brake wheel club, with you.................? :-D
Only in my vehicle. It's a handy........companion when someone gets a little frisky. :-D

#266777  by GOLDEN-ARM

Know whatcha mean. I carry a little aluminum bat, called the "Alibi", used for subduing sharks, and other gamefish, once you get them boatside. Works well, in urban situations, where other types of game, come carside.............. :P

#266839  by thebigc

GOLDEN-ARM wrote: If you took the time to read the same story, on the BLE pages, you would see a polar opposite, to the UTU diatribe. The BLE certainly does accept members who work "outside the cab", so to speak. You didn't respond th the FACT that the UTU was uncerimoniously thrown out of the AFL/CIO.
Right. And according to the Nazis, the Holocaust is a bunch of media perpetuated lies.

Sure, the BLE& (ahem) T accepts anyone who'll pony up the dues. But will they represent them?!?! Not on VIA.

And as for your Canadian bigotry/humor, be advised that CN operates the IC and that CP owns the SOO and D&H.

Furthermore, didn't the Teamsters (the truck drivin' outfit that you owe your allegiance to) withdraw from the AFL/CIO?

You haven't come up with an intelligent response to anything I've posted in this thread for a month and I don't expect any changes but I suppose stranger things have happened!

One other thing; something about the woodshed or sandtower or something. Give me your address and I'll send a car for you.

#266856  by GOLDEN-ARM

I worked for the Soo Line (CP Rail HHUS) and it's not in Canada, therefore, not Canadian (Canadien) Ask any Soo Line employee.
Who said the Holocuast didn't happen? Only a f*&@#^g retard would agree with that.
Allegiance, to the Teamsters? Sorry again, but over 30 percent of us, Myself included, voted AGAINST the merger. This, however, was a democratic vote (don't ask, as a UTU member, you just wouldn't grasp the concept of a vote) I was not for it, and am still against it.
WITHDRAW from the AFL/CIO. There is a HUGE difference, from voluntarily withdrawing from an organization, that you feel is not representing agreement members, across the entire spectrum of unionized employees, and being UNCERIMONIOUSLY THROWN OUT, for illegal and unethical practices.
I will say this, as far as the intelligent conversation, you cannot come to a battle of wits, as an unarmed assailant :P You are obviously a programed member, of your Union. You have, as of yet, failed to respond to the thousands of lost jobs, and the raping of the post '85 employees. You have failed to speak on the FACT that your Union was thrown out, of the AFL/CIO, who exist soley for the advancement, and betterment, of agreement employees, and hourly laborers. You keep mentioning VIA, as if you yourself might be Canadian, and one of the few, who lost a job.
I hold no personal grudge, against you. I am actually enjoying this debate, and appreciate you are putting the time, and effort into continuing this course of discussion.
As far as the sandhouse, that Aji mentioned, I don't need a car sent. This Paratrooper is quite capable of finding any objective, any time, of his own accord, and I can easily provide my own transportation.
Finally, our Union can accept, and represent trainmen, as easily as your Union will accept, and represent engineers. You seem to keep overlooking this fact, as well. Please, stop "drinking the KoolAid", and get ALL the facts. Have a GREAT DAY :-D :-D :-D Regards

#266896  by thebigc

All I want you to admit is that the BLE gained sole representation on VIA and then SOLD OUT their trainmen. You act as if the lofty BLE would never descend to that level, the level of the lowly UTU. The Canadian Supreme Court knows otherwise. You talk about the Kool-Aid while your BLE employs Khmer Rouge style revisionist history tactics. Yeah, all the facts according to US! Well I guess your re-education is complete. :P

HHUS huh? Were you there for the strike?

#267127  by GOLDEN-ARM

HHUS, '96, '97 and early '98 I did get to see the cool SD-60M's we ordered, show up in the form of one loco, for one day, then it disappeared, along with the rest, to the great white north. Cheap ass Canuks, couldn't buy their own engines, and had to steal ours....... :( As far as the BLE "selling-out" the trainmen on that property, again, I will say the men voted, and they ALL became engineers, some just waiting for promotion. Trainmen still employed, and still maintaining a seniority date, but perhaps not as many of them, temporarily. (remember, the missing thousands, lost forever to the UTU.You still haven't acknowledged that FACT) So the VIA guys went from full, 5 men crews, to the same crew sizes of their brothers to the south. Who set up this precedence in the first place? Seems to me, the UTU "pioneered" the two man crew, and elimination of hacks, and switch-tenders, field-men, car riders, flagmen, firemen, headman, swing man, etc,.......... So why attempt to scrutinize, the BLE for agreeing to a concept, in effect, since 1985, thanks to the UTU?
Khmer Rouge? Not a Pol Pot fan, are you? I still don't see why you can't appreciate democracy. Every member was given a vote, and they decided what they wanted. When was the last time YOU were given a chance to vote? I was able to vote, to impeach my president, who was acting as if he might be sympathetic towards the UTU. Have you ever voted, for anything, in your union. Not even the LC can vote against his GC. I wouldn't call that democracy. Seems more like Imperialism. (kinda like the country to the north, who you keep mentioniong :P )
Thanks again, for the engaging conversation. BE SAFE, and Regards :-D

#267195  by jg greenwood

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A quick true or false question to determine the winner, once and for all:
During the monsoon, the avearage depth of the Tonle Sap Lake is 9-meters?
Current or previous members of the Khymer Rouge are not eligible to participate. AK-47's and/or RPG-7's/9's not allowed at polling areas.

Final tally of all votes to be conducted by Ho Chi Minh and General Vo Nguyen Giap.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

#267242  by Aji-tater

Man, we've gone from fisticuffs behind the sandhouse to AK-47s and RPGs! I hope nobody hits a torpedo or you'll all hit the cab floor in a hurry! (Which union was responsible for the elimination of torpedos? Never mind, don't start)

I can see it now, waiting at a red, crew snoozes, wakes up to find a horse's head in the cab. javascript:emoticon(':P')
Razz

#267244  by Aji-tater

OK, I'm too old to learn new tricks. How do I get the smiley face to my message without it saying "Emoticon javascript" and all that crap? All I did was click and drag which I thought was how to do it. Maybe I need a BRAC member to show me how! Oh wait, there are no more BRAC members either.

#267301  by thebigc

GOLDEN-ARM wrote: When was the last time YOU were given a chance to vote? I was able to vote, to impeach my president, who was acting as if he might be sympathetic towards the UTU. Have you ever voted, for anything, in your union. Not even the LC can vote against his GC.
Vote for what? Election of officers, a contract, what specifically? In the past 20 years, I've voted countless times.

Which president was that, Systma? Is he still in jail?

#267307  by Aji-tater

Bring back Charlie Luna!