Railroad Forums 

• The Met Seems Quiet

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#988013  by gprimr1

Been going to the Met in Brunswick for the past three weekends for the fall colors. They've been doing a ton of construction and it def shows. I was there for about 5 hours and saw 3 trains. Previous weekends saw 2 trains over 3-5 hours.
 #988337  by SurlyKnuckle

Must've been a fluke when you visited...they've been running the s#it out trains. And with all the work being done, you've got all those added work trains. There were several over the weekend, at least 2 ballast trains were called.
 #988525  by poppyl

Based upon my scanner activity I'd say that overall freight traffic has not slacked off but the timing has shifted. First of all, every night (including Sat and Sun) is busy on both the Met and Old Main. Weekday mornings are active before the commuters start rolling. On the weekends the day action seems more frequent in the mornings and late afternoons. Middays on the weekends have been relatively slow recently which just may be a quirk of scheduling.

Poppyl
 #988923  by mmi16

Sunday through Thursday there is a absolute curfew on the Cumberland Sub for National Gateway tunnel clearance projects. For the past two weeks there has been a Daylight absolute curfew on the Philadelphia Sub. Coordinating operations between the two curfews has adjusted train scheduling.