• The F45

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Jtgshu

Wow, its all over down here "down the shore" - most supermarkets sell it, in prepacked containers, in the "bologna" section with the Oscar Mayer stuff, and also in the deli - I actually just bought some more today at Shoprite in Middletown, NJ!!!! (as a result of this thread as a matter of fact!)

Gotta love that tingle in the back of your jaw when you get a whiff of it!!!

by jmp883

......ROAD TRIP!!!!! :-D

by Tadman

Back to the F45's, the South Shore had a few ex-BN units as well in 1987. They lasted a few weeks before they were returned to whoever. BN used every last bit of life on those locomotives. On the shore you have to keep out of the way of the passenger trains, so they run their freights fast and hard.

by Tri-State Tom

484 -

....and they know how to make a true 'egg cream' in Miami too !

by cjvrr

She LIVES!!!

A Mr. Al Gorney reported on the NYSW Yahoo group he saw the engine running at full throttle, load testing yesterday in Utica. It shouldn't be long now until she is plying the rails.

Chris

by njt4172

cjvrr wrote:She LIVES!!!

A Mr. Al Gorney reported on the NYSW Yahoo group he saw the engine running at full throttle, load testing yesterday in Utica. It shouldn't be long now until she is plying the rails.

Chris
Long Live the F45!!! Never say die!!

by Steve F45

how long till this baby is down in ridgefield park?

by washingtonsecondary

2005Vdub wrote:how long till this baby is down in ridgefield park?
How long until this baby blows out on the SU99?

by njt4172

washingtonsecondary wrote:

How long until I smack you across the face when I come into your office for lunch!?! :wink:

by Steve F45

Did they repaint it?

by cjvrr

Nope, thats the original paint scheme. It has held up quite well.

by washingtonsecondary

washingtonsecondary wrote:
Apperently we didn't have to wait that long. I read that its oos because of a huge water leak in NY State.

by ANDY117

It was tunning fine last night in Binghamton parked outside the shops.

by n01jd1

ANDY117 wrote:It was tunning fine last night in Binghamton parked outside the shops.
It was the third unit on todays SU-100.