• Ten years of Acela service.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Silverliner II

New station at Middletown? I missed that one somewhere.

Thorndale only has a high-level platform on the eastbound side. SEPTA was forced to build the westbound side low-level out of Amtrak's concern for NS high and wide moves; so they would have to build a wb HLP at Thorndale. Coatesville, however, would take offense. They already complain that they don't have enough train service right in town currently. Likewise, Downingtown would have to get high levels as well.

Some amongst my crowd have been saying for about ten years now that the Keystone stop needs to be moved from Ardmore to Bryn Mawr, which is more central to all the colleges that are nestled between Haverford and Rosemont and would likely be a better traffic generator for Amtrak.
  by M&Eman

Silverliner II wrote:Some amongst my crowd have been saying for about ten years now that the Keystone stop needs to be moved from Ardmore to Bryn Mawr, which is more central to all the colleges that are nestled between Haverford and Rosemont and would likely be a better traffic generator for Amtrak.
True there. As a Haverford student, I am closer to the Ardmore station, but it is a pain in the ass to get to from Bryn Mawr, Villanova, or Rosemont. Bryn Mawr would indeed be closer to those three, and not that much farther from Haverford than Ardmore is. Bryn Mawr is also closer to I-476. Of course, Ardmore is central to the well-connected full-time residents of Lower Merion Township, who don't even take Amtrak that often compared to the students, but would nonetheless complain anyway if the stop was moved.