Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by northjerseybuff

I went to Tarrytown recently to take the train to the Yankee game. I was a bit surprised that there was $10 parking at Tarrytown. Is this normally the case? If I were a commuter, I shouldn't have to pay this fee
  by truck6018

The Village of Tarrytown regulates the parking for the Tarrytown Station, not anyone here at railroad.net.

If you go to their website:
YANKEE STADIUM PARKING
The Village has implemented a new parking program for those people interested in utilizing the Tarrytown Metro North Railroad Station
to travel to Yankee Stadium. The cost to park for non-residents only who do not have a commuter parking permit is $10.00.
All Tarrytown residents may park at no charge for the parking. Non-Residents with parking passes will also not be charged for parking.

. Yankee Stadium Parking is available Monday through Friday on the west side of the railroad tracks on a first come,first served basis. Yankee Stadium parking is also available on weekends in the resident parking lot on the east side of the railroad tracks.
This policy is similar to most Metro North Stations. If you have a money parking permit for that station you don't have to pay again. If you are pay as you go to park, then you would have to pay, commuter or not. If you have a parking permit for a different station then it would be expected to have to pay the daily fee.
  by SecaucusJunction

There is street parking along the hill by the traffic light that is free after 6pm. If there is nothing there, make the first left up the hill past the apartment complex and I've always been able to find free street parking there.