Railroad Forums 

• Stowaway #6(12)

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1625683  by Gilbert B Norman

At another site, there is a link to a Virtual Railfan video showing some guy sitting atop the vestibule plate of the rear car, a 390XX T-Dorm, of #6(12), which passed through Galesburg, where the video was taken, on July 14.

Along with the overwhelming majority around here? I must wonder what goes through the "minds" of these dolts? There was a further report that the train was stopped East of the station where presumably Knox County proceeded to give this individual some meals and lodging compliments of that County's taxpayers.

The last time I was "up close" with anyone of that ilk was during June '73 when I was on assignment with the MILW @ Avery, ID. On an Eastbound train, with Little Joe's on the head, a guy and gal were under the sheath of a Hopper car. All I could think was what idiots. Who knows how far East they made it (long way to Harlowtown where the MILW had a Special Agent based).
 #1626295  by markhb

Several years ago, a teenager tried hopping on a slow-moving freight near me (as in, literally in my neighborhood) and fortunately only lost his leg as a result.