Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RPM2Night

personally nothing beats the smell of the "bathrooms" in the cabs of a freight locomotive! Whew, especially on a hot day when the contents just cook lol

by emfinite

I used a toilet in the nose of a CSX locomotive and it was a lot more pleasant than a LIRR coach!

Joe

by RPM2Night

I guess the class 1 railroads take better care of their onboard facilities than short line railroads do. Seriously, they look like abandoned restrooms you'd find in some prison that has been closed for 40 years.

by Richard Glueck

You guys know how to have fun, but I suppose when you gotta go, you gotta go!

by Fla East Coast Chris

HI,
When I was a coach cleaner(which I still wish I was)The 2700's-2800's
(2777-2899) the odd number cars(2777,2785,2859 etc)had bathrooms. You had to water the cars from outside by inserting the hose into a spiget that was on the outside on either side of the bathroom end of the car.
In the winter when the temperature dropped below 30 the tanks would dump the water and there would be nothing for flushing or washing of hands.
All the parlors 2011-2021 had bathrooms as the 2 pushpull bar cars(2829 and 2833. Electric Heat bar cars 2991,2992 and 2993 as such as the 2001 and 2002.
The only 2 ZIP cars that had toilets were 2707 and 2713. The only odd number 2800 car not to have a toilet was 2817. Just a little bit of information from when I started in 1988****
Hey Dave K how did I do?????
Chris's low carb rail reports