Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Paul

Why would my posting on 39's power reverse be removed? If the answer is it needs to be moved to the RMLI forum, then I would need to object. Far more people read this forum than the RMLI forum. The fact is I am 3,000 miles away from any of the 3 remaining G5s that are left. Not exactly a half hour drive on the LIE from Nesconset to Riverhead if you catch my drift. The reason why I posted the photo of the model power reverse is so any lay man who might be involved with 39 or 35 or even the 5741 (bet you didnt know she was around, and yes, she too ran on Long Island) could see it and maybe say "yeah, that's close" or "nope, no way, no how." Besides. I would hate to spend close to $300 for castings and drawings and spend about 50 hours worth of machining at $75 per hour only to find out "nope, no way it's gonna work." Sorry to shed tears but... :(

by GP38

I didn't even know there was a RMLI forum.
It's not my call, but I don't see how a part from a LIRR locomotive could be off topic on the LIRR forum.

by Dave Keller

Paul:

Your G5s power-reverse post is still here.

It's about 27 items down the list.

No one had responded to it, so it hasn't been brought up top and made more current.

Dave Keller

by Paul

Well then...as Emily Latella would say "Never mind."

by n2qhvRMLI

Brother Paul,

I don't know, so let's go over there and kick that puppy up to the top of the list again. :-D I'll also post it on the PRRT&HS - someone there might know. Also, Rob or Chris might tell us.

L.I. Fred
Don, n2qhvRMLI