Railroad Forums 

• Spectrum HO Acela still in production?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1257162  by Backshophoss

Try checking on the Walters website if the sets are in stock,you can order the power cars and the coach/cafe/business class cars
seperately as well.
You might want to ask Bachmann on their website as well.
At times containers can get "bumped" at the port for "Higher value" freight,and wind up waiting for the next container ship
having space from China. :(
 #1257173  by ApproachMedium

There was a redo of the acela sets with LED lighting recently in the last few years. You should be able to find them. Its something that kind of maybe faded out for people a bit I guess now that the Acela isnt brand new anymore. A few years ago I put a few Acela train sets up on ebay (complete all 8 cars) and nobody wanted the business class, cafes or end business class cars it seemed. They all wanted the power cars or business class. They were a hard sell all around with places selling them brand new from dealers on ebay for $30 a car, I put mine up for 20-25. Mine were brand new i bought from a collection but not in shrink wrap.

I think i had 3-4 total complete sets. Anyways have you even looked on ebay? They are all over ebay for cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-BACHMAN-SPEC ... 3f3221443f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1257184  by jackintosh11

Yeah, I already bought them. I own a cafe car and the locomotives, and an end business and 2 first class cars (my grandmother ordered 2 by mistake) are on the way. I'll probably return the second first class car and buy a business class car.
 #1260121  by lexon

They are still in production or at least on shelves. I just checked a couple on line sites and the Bachmann site. Shells with pantograph's seem to be available.

Rich
 #1348883  by JamesRR

I first purchased these when they were introduced years ago, when they were sold under Bachmann's SPECTRUM line. The power car and dummy were sold as a pair, in a very large box, laid out one above the other. The coaches were all sold individually, again, under the SPECTRUM name. The power loco was DCC ready, but had to be upgraded by the user. I had issues with some couplers and had to remove a coach from the consist, leaving 3 coaches in my current setup.