Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by shadyjay

This is Shore Line East-related, which is kinda like Metro North EAST:

I stopped by OSB this evening and saw an outbound (from NHV) SLE commuter trainset being pushed by a GP40-LH2 (whatever) locomotive. Instead of the usual 3 car consist, this one had 4 cars, and one of them was an ex-CDOT/MN Bomb car. I could tell since the Metro North Commuter Railroad label and CT state shield was clearly visable on each end of the car below the windowband. There were two new CT state shields in the windowband on each end of the car, but no MN lettering. This leads me to believe that this car is now part of the SLE roster. Also reason being, the number has changed.

Is SLE now running 4-car trainsets? Were some cars exchanged between MNR and SLE?

-Jay Hogan

by DutchRailnut

about 4 cars from CDOT pool fleet were transfered to CDOT SLE fleet when the 10 new Centerdoor cars were put in service two years ago.