• SEPTA Seat Checks

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by jackintosh11

One weekend when I was on the warminster line going downtown, with the train continuing to the airport, the conductor was handing out seat checks. Is this normal on the longer routes? I never see it on the Chestnut Hill West.
  by 25Hz

jackintosh11 wrote:One weekend when I was on the warminster line going downtown, with the train continuing to the airport, the conductor was handing out seat checks. Is this normal on the longer routes? I never see it on the Chestnut Hill West.
I all most always get one of those smaller yellow thingies put in the ticket holder in front of me when i use my pass.
  by zebrasepta

It depends on the conductor on whether he/she places the colored ticket for passes, some conductors just don't put colored tickets for pass holders and a very few checks tickets twice during the trip
  by SCB2525

I always thought they were basically place-holders to help them keep track of who's fare they already checked.
  by 25Hz

Some seats did have different colored things, never took a closer look, too busy looking out the window. This week i'll take a look if i can, see if i can't snap a photo or two of the item(s) in question.
  by ericr

If anyone hasn't seem them yet, they look like this (unless they changed them recently):

Yeah, they are place holder for people who already paid. Usually, I seem them use the tickets themselves or cash fare receipt. They may get more use during peak hours with the pass holders (I don't usually travel during peak hours).