• SEPTA Route at the CSX Crossing

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ebtmikado

Does anyone have a video of a SEPTA Route 11 car ACTUALLY MEETING a CSX train at the diamond?
I would love to see it.

Lee Carlson
  by ebtmikado

Nice video, good catch.
But I wish it had showed a trolley waiting for the train.

Thanks,
Lee
  by 25Hz

Long time ago a similar arrangement existed here in newtown. The inter-urban line had to cross over the reading newtown branch on state street. The inter-urban tracks are largely still there under the street, but the rails on the newtown branch have long been replaced since the last trolly ran. I was hoping myself to find a photo or video of this operation, either the trolley crossing the branch or waiting for a train to proceed. You have better luck than i do, as both those lines are still active, the 2 here are fast asleep.
  by walt

ebtmikado wrote:Does anyone have a video of a SEPTA Route 11 car ACTUALLY MEETING a CSX train at the diamond?
I would love to see it.

Lee Carlson
A photo of that is likely to be difficult, if not impossible to find let alone a video, unless you'd be satisfied with a shot of a Route 11 car having to wait at the crossing while a CSX freight train passed through. The last passenger train to run through there ran sometime in 1958 while the road was still B&O .The B&O terminated all passenger service between Baltimore and New York ( actually Jersey City) in 1958. The Route 11 trolley would, at that time, have been operated by the PTC ( Philadelphia Transportation Co.) as SEPTA did not take over operation of the PTC until 1968. And I don't know when the last time a passenger train actually stopped at that location--- if one ever did.