• SEPTA HO Scale Model Trains

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by green_elite_cab

How much are you selling them for?
  by shanemc921

I'm not sure what fair market value for these are. I don't want to throw a number out and then sound stupid, not knowing what they should go for. If you're interested, shoot me an offer and we might be able to work something out.
  by glennk419

shanemc921 wrote:I'm not sure what fair market value for these are. I don't want to throw a number out and then sound stupid, not knowing what they should go for. If you're interested, shoot me an offer and we might be able to work something out.
Well, there's two coaches listed on eBay right now with a $60 starting bid or a $70 Buy It Now if you're looking for a price point.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sep ... m270.l1313
  by shanemc921

Wow, thanks for that comparison. I really appreciate it. I'd be willing to do $60 per coach and $65 for the cab. All three for $175 or best offer.
  by Steve F45

whoever has it listed at that price is never going to sell it at that. I know the septa ones are a little harder to come by but, i've seen them sell for around 30-40 dollars. I'de start there.
  by glennk419

Steve F45 wrote:whoever has it listed at that price is never going to sell it at that. I know the septa ones are a little harder to come by but, i've seen them sell for around 30-40 dollars. I'de start there.
I believe I've already seen them go for more than the b.i.n. price in the past. In fact, one of the currently listed cars is already gone. By comparison, the starting price for the Septa AEM-7 also currently being listed is quite fair. Fortunately, I already have two cabs and four coaches to go along with my meatball so I can simply watch and smile.

eBay can be a strange place, you should see what the HO scale McDonalds models go for, especially the old Life-Like versions.
  by shanemc921

eBay is a weird. I signed up for a third party website that lists the final selling price of anything sold. When searching for Septa, some of the coaches and cabs have sold in the past 2 months for over $100. Crazy, I guess it's more of what it's worth to the buyer than the actual value.
  by glennk419

shanemc921 wrote:eBay is a weird. I signed up for a third party website that lists the final selling price of anything sold. When searching for Septa, some of the coaches and cabs have sold in the past 2 months for over $100. Crazy, I guess it's more of what it's worth to the buyer than the actual value.
My point exactly.
  by green_elite_cab

Yeah, I was thinking about grabbing some of them, because on top of the 9 I already owned, I had four more in rough shape, and i was thinking about just getting three brand new cars if the price was right. However, I don't like just giving a "best offer". I feel better knowing a price to start out with.

That said, I appreciate you listing them here first instead of going straight to Ebay. That gives some of us an actual opportunity instead of being stuck with bidding madness.
  by shanemc921

Of course, it's the least I could do to give you guys first crack. I want them to go to a good home, hence the reason I came here.