• SEPTA Destination Signs

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by lavae16

I too happen to have a couple of signs myself, I have R5 Thorndale, Doylestown Sign that I found at Devon train station, then I have a R7 Hill West, Trenton Sign that I found between Gravers and Hill West Station also R6 Norristown/Ivy ridge,R5 Parkesburg/Malvern and a Local/limited sign that I found with the R7 Sign anyone have a R5 Ambler Sign?
Last edited by lavae16 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by scotty269

lavae16 wrote: then I have a R7 Hill West, Trenton Sign that I found while walking between Gravers and Hill West Station
Bad idea. Are you also one of the kids stoning the trains at Wister station? :P
  by Flababo

I have but one sign, an R1 Airport/Jenkintown, but it is a bit interesting in that I found it lying in a ditch along the ROW between Oakbourne and Westtown on the West Chester Line.

At least I didn't have to worry about trespassing on an active commuter railroad.

by lavae16

no i am not one of those kids and also i am a grown man and when i found that was about 2-3 years ago so please do not try to profile someone u do not know because u really don't know who is an adult or a kid on this forum. Is there anyone willing to sell any of their signs?

by biloby

r1 is that one yellow?

ive only been on the r7 ..so i have a few of those.
couple old fiberglass rt 88 66 73 bus stop signs.
fiberglass blue line map.
new blue line map
new composite map
an old high voltage sign that was laying on the el platform.
r5
couple no tresspasing amtrak signs.
and an old wooden RR crossing post and "x"
some lanterns
ceramic insulators
..all kinds of junk

signs are nice for the basement train room.

by skm

I've seen Septa destination signs on ebay.
  by nomis

Tonight on 857, i found a R5 Parkesburg in the one of the Sign Holder Bags on 201. I was bored while sitting there with the bike, and upon looking once upon a time when septa went out that far on the line, came across here. Guess i ought to stop down to 1234 and see what signs they have around.
  by Patrick Boylan

I've gleaned from the posts that most of them are acknowledging stealing signs. There's really not that much reason to steal them, since the railroad division destingation signs tend to rattle loose from their outside the car housings. Instead of theft all one has to expose themselves to is trespassing to pick them up from where they've fallen by the right of way, as Matt Mitchell indicated he might do for a scottle of botch.
  by skm

Speaking of signs, I wish the Septa Store offered small magnetic destination signs.
  by Patrick Boylan

Do we actually need SEPTA to offer them? I remember once upon a time there was an HO PCC trolley in SEPTA colors, and SEPTA complained, presumably because they weren't getting paid royalties.
Has SEPTA copyrighted their destination signs? Is there anybody interested in risking investment money to try to make and sell them on their own?
  by Matthew Mitchell

For the record, there was no trespassing involved with the sign I found last winter. Stay off the right of way!
  by Patrick Boylan

Matt, sorry I implied you had past tresses. What did you do instead, use a lasso?
  by scotty269

gardendance wrote:Matt, sorry I implied you had past tresses. What did you do instead, use a lasso?
I, for one, found my "No Riders" sign laying on the platform as I was waiting for my ride to pick me up.
  by Matthew Mitchell

gardendance wrote:Matt, sorry I implied you had past tresses.
My tresses are getting more and more past every day....
  by iamapokemonlegend

i have most of the vintage signs like the R1 West Trenton, R3 West Chester, R6 Ivy Ridge, and R1 Neshaminy Falls. They were given to me as a gift this christmas. all i need to complete my collection is an R5 Parkesburg sign which i have yet to find.