Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Love Train

I really think the J train should be extended one stop to Fulton St on weekends. The reason is this way J riders will only have to make one connection if they want to go see a Broadway show or meet a friend on the Upper West Side.

Right now, they would have to make two transfers.

The J can turn at the switch just north of Broad St station, or run light all the way to the Broad St relay and turn there.

What do you guys think?

by Bay Head Local

Well until fall the J will be running to Prospect Park on weekends to Help out the 4 which is terminating at Bklyn Bridge, I do agree with you though on running the J all the way to Broad St, its only 2 more stops, and I think if the MTA can keep 145 St and 148 St on the 3 open during weekends they certainly shouldn't have a problem with keeping Fulton and Broad St open.

by Love Train

Bay Head Local wrote:Well until fall the J will be running to Prospect Park on weekends to Help out the 4 which is terminating at Bklyn Bridge, I do agree with you though on running the J all the way to Broad St, its only 2 more stops, and I think if the MTA can keep 145 St and 148 St on the 3 open during weekends they certainly shouldn't have a problem with keeping Fulton and Broad St open.
They don't even have to open Broad St. Broad St can remain closed, and the J can relay there.

by Wallyhorse

Actually:

With more people actually living down there, it would make more sense to go back to having the "J" go to at least Broad Street on a full-time basis, and even perhaps having the "J" also go to Pacific Street/Atlantic Avenue, at least on weekends and even if the IRT is running normally.