Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Clemuel

Thanks for your kind words, MAX

It's all about money, and it a public agency is even More about money. A private company can do what it pleases, but a public authority is subject to extreme scrutiny. Their leaders, who are all appointees with no specific qualifications are subject to ejection on a whim.

No one will entertain such a proposal unless it is substantially funded and since public agencies aren't quite as efficient with funds as privates are, they want to see Big Money...

If we want preservation, our time is best spent seeking funds, no howling like a special interest group looking for free stuff. We just don't have to votes to get things from the public till.

Clem

by BEDT16RMLI

Ok you C-420 is nice but we at Twin Forks have been trying to bring Home the last RS-1 ever owned by the Long Island Rail Road and we have gotten little help from the preservation community why may i ask I do not know? I would love of C-420 but they are all still kicking along other respective Rail Roads. The 467 may be on it's way to the junk pile if we pull out. I want to see her home but we cant do it with out money, and we do not have the money. The 467 is something that we should not by loose to time. I know we cant save everything but this will be a shame the 467 was purchased when steam was still king on the Long Island Rail Road. Instead of talking about this and not getting anything done help us get this done. You want to save our history well this is you chance to do so. The 467 is in operating condition. Help Save the 467 for our Children. Any other information on the 467 you can get from our web site.
Mike Arnold
Secratary
Twin Forks Chapter of the NRHS
www.twinforksnrhs.org

by BEDT16RMLI

as allways rr.net is all talk and no action.