• Sat 3/25/06 Westbury Model RR show...

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RPM2Night

Sorry, I know this isn't directly related to the LIRR. Just wanted to let everyone know that there was a local model railroad show this coming saturday at the Westbury United Methodist Church, 265 Asbury Ave, Westbury NY 11590. Starts at 11AM and goes until 3:30 PM. Take Northern St parkway to exit 32 (post avenue) and head south on Post, only 500 ft or so and make that 1st right turn which will be Asbury Ave. The chuch will be right there on your right side. Small parking lot just west of the church as well as along the side of the street, enter the doors that face Asbury ave and go down the stairs. $3 donation at the door for adults and $1 for children, all benefits go to Boy Scout troop 233. Ztrak, Ntrak, T-trak, HOTrack, Long Island Traction O-guage trolleys, circus modelers and a few more groups will be there. This is just a show, no selling or trading. I'm gonna try to make it in the afternoon after class, hopefully I'll see some folks there.

by AmtrakPhill629

I will be there running my Amtrak equipment.

by Long Island 7285

Phil,

You in HOTrack?

by AmtrakPhill629

yea im in HOTrack.

by 9C1LT1

hey guys,

HOT rack members are ya... lol. I'll stop by in the afternoon, hope to see you all there!

Barry

by Richard_Glueck

How about somebody taking some quality photos of LIRR models, then posting them in here?

by Long Island 7285

I would like to get a group together and make LIRR modules and put them on display at shows, only thing is that thre are few to no shows on the island that are large enough or will house it. I have the plans I have the track idea.

And to model LIRR to fit HOTrack the simplest places to model are the sections of 4 track lines, and I don't think grades are aloud on the modular layouts.

by One of One-Sixty

I will be there with my daughter. I will be wearing a green Stetson Univeristy sweat jacket.

The best way to model the LIRR would be N-Scale IMHO. You have more room to work with. Pls there is quite a few pieces in LIRR Livery.

I am alreading working on a modular layout in N scale using a modular system I developed for use with Unitrack.

Speaking of which I have seen some model rr box cars for the LIRR, that has Dashing Dan on it. Has the LIRR ever used Dashing Dan on its freight rollingstock? I thought it was just a passenger revenue thing.

by RPM2Night

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it over. We didn't finish our CPR class until about 3:15, so by the time I got back out here it was like 4:10 PM. Hopefully I didn't miss much. How did HOTrack and Ntrak do?

by One of One-Sixty

AmtrakPhill, was all the Amtrak stuff yours? I especially like the rear marker lights on the back of the Auto train that you had running.

The N-Trak and HoTrak was the biggest layouts there, and the nicest. The Z-trak was also really good.

Running around from the Trolley layout to to HoTrak layout with my daughter I never got a chance to talk to anybody from the N-Trak group about membership and stuff. Anybody here know any of the members or a way to get in touch with them besides there MSN communites group, as that is a waste.

Thanx.

by 9C1LT1

hey One-Sixty,

I'm a member of N trak (been one since '97) If you PM me I can give you some phone numbers to call for info.

Barry

by AmtrakPhill629

The Amtrak superliner set was not mine. I had the Genesis engine in Phase V with the 2 amfleets II in Phase IV.

by RPM2Night

Did anyone take any pictures at the show?

by One of One-Sixty

Do you know who had the lone Hippo (HHP-8)?

I was trying to find out how it runs compared to the N-scale version