Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Nasadowsk

<i>Seems like a good idea. I wonder why we don't have it on the LIRR.
You would think BBD would say, "Hey, MetroNorth asked for this feature. You guys want it, too?" The more commonality between the RRs, the better (and cheaper) for the manufacturer and vendors, one would think. </i>

You'd be amazed what the engineers and sales guys say to customers. You wouldn't be amazed what the engineers say TO the salesguys behind closed doors.

I suspect after the last few overpromise-underdeliver cycles, engineering has gotten BBD's salesstaff to stop promising the world and only work with the specs handed to them...

It's fun when you've got the whole system almost done and they come to you and say "Oh, by the way, can you add this list of stuff and change all of this...."

That blue light looks like it came out of a Summit catalog. Where's the 8" tach and the Type R stickers? ;) ;) ;)