• Robert Ambrose Kennedy 11/24/1931 - 12 /17/2005

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Mare Nostrum

Paul,

Some of my fondest memories are of my dad and I on subways and trains.

He will always live in you, as was said above.

If you want you can say a few words at his funeral/service and tell others about him and how much you enjoyed him -- key is to write it down and read it off so you don't lose track and start weeping at a most painful time (which leads to others losing control).

Either way, thank you for sharing with us and be assured we all give our sincerest condolences in this awful situation.

Again, you will take your father with you always wherever you go and in time (maybe a year) you will find that increasingly comforting.

Russians say, "I feel it with you."

We do.

M.N.

by Otto Vondrak

Paul-

Sorry to hear of your father's passing. My dad got me into trains at an early age, too. Because of that, I'm able to keep my dad's memory alive every time I go trackside.

-otto-

by Dave Keller

Hi Paul:

My deepest sympathy at this extra special time of the year.

My father, while not a railroad enthusiast, was instrumental in my becoming one. It was because of him that I managed my first ride at about age 7 in the cab of a Budd RDC on the Patchogue-Babylon Scoot. It was because of him that I obtained many railroad items from many railroad men that he personally knew as a commuter for many years. It was him that drove me, as a young teenager, along every branch of the LIRR (including Bay Ridge) to take photos of every station stop and anything else we may have found along the way. It was him that arranged a special surprise for me to attend an open house at Morris Park Shops. etc., etc.

He passed away in 1985 just shy of his 83rd birthday and after 20 years, I still miss him and hurt at times.

God bless you and your family at this moment of grief and may He bless your father's soul and lead him to everlasting life.

Dave

by Paul

I would like to take ths time, on behalf of my family to say a simple "Thank You" for all of your thoughtfull replies.