Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by hcobin

All MTA police units designated "rapid response units" were ordered to respond to GCT Friday at 13:46 as part of an exercise. MTA dispatcher broadcast order. H.F.C.
  by AMK0123

If you get anything out of hearing that on the radio/scanner, know that all law enforcement from the city on outward is constantly training, patrolling and assisting each other, especially in a post 9/11 world.
Last edited by AMK0123 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by DutchRailnut

Keep in mind in NY and Ct discussing what you hear on scanners is highly illegal.
Information heard on scanners can only be used by original receiver and can not be shared with others.
  by AMK0123

Dutch after thinking about it and reading your post, I edited my last post..... I would think it's better that everyone refrain from posting anything that is heard over a scanner from any police, MTA pd or otherwise, even if it's railroad related.
  by kitn1mcc

guess non of you follow Ny Fire wire or any of the other twitter or Facebook groups that also post things up from the scannner

and its not against the law in Ct
  by RearOfSignal

How is this railroad related?
  by Clean Cab

Good point.
  by JoeBas

Yes nobody discuss this in the open!!! Bad guys might have been monitoring RR.net for years hoping to get their hands on super-dooper-secret intel like this, and use it to game the system!!!

Or it might help some poor schlub be prepared in case GCT is an absolute zoo when their train arrives.

One or the other.