Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by 4 Express

All of the e-mails I got (each is separated by paragraph.)
[email protected] wrote:Train service on the Long Beach Branch has been temporarily suspended due to high water in the Oceanside area. Eastbound Long Beach Branch customers will be provided train service to Lynbrook, where they will transfer to bus service to Long Beach Branch Stations. Westbound Long Beach Branch customers will be provided bus service between Long Beach Branch stations and Lynbrook, where they will transfer to train service.

As of 4:15 PM, limited train service will be restored. However, due to high water in the Oceanside area, only one of two tracks will be available for service during the evening rush hour. There will be limited eastbound service with a number of trains canceled/combined. Customers should anticipate 30 minute delays. There will be no westbound train service, customers will board buses at their stations and change for trains at Lynbrook.

The combined/canceled trains to Long Beach are as follows:

The 3:52 PM train from New York will be combined with the 4:15 PM train from New York.

The 4:40 PM train from New York will be combined with the 5:00 PM train from New York.

The 5:40 PM from Flatbush Avenue is canceled at Jamaica, customers will board a connnecting train to Long Beach approximately 10 minutes later.

The 6:13 PM train from New York is canceled at Jamaica, customers will board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 20 minutes later.

The 7:06 PM train from Flatbush Avenue is canceled at Jamaica, customers will board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 25 minutes later.

The 8:10 PM train from Flatbush Avenue is canceled at Jamaica, customers will board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 20 minutes later.

Oct-14-05 04:12:01PM

There is limited eastbound service with a number of trains canceled/combined. Customers should anticipate 30 minute delays due to high water in the Oceanside area resulting in only one of two tracks available for service during the evening rush hour. Westbound train service remains suspended. Customers will board buses at their stations and change for trains at Lynbrook.

The combined/canceled trains to Long Beach are as follows:

The 6:13 PM train from New York is canceled at Jamaica, customers will board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 20 minutes later

The 7:06 PM train from Flatbush Avenue is canceled at Jamaica, customers will

board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 25 minutes later

The 8:10 PM train from Flatbush Avenue is canceled at Jamaica, customers will

board a connecting train to Long Beach approximately 20 minutes later

The 8:54 PM train from New York is combined with the 9:54 PM train from New York

The 10:53 PM train from New York is combined with the 11:54 PM train from New York

Oct-14-05 07:12:10PM

We are experiencing 25-30 minute scattered delays on the Far Rockaway Branch due to weather-related switch trouble.

Oct-14-05 07:13:18PM

We are experiencing 60-to-90 minute delays on the Far Rockaway Branch due to weather-related switch trouble. Supplemental bus service is also being provided for westbound service on the Far Rockaway Branch.

Oct-14-05 07:38:34PM
It seems like a lot of passengers are being screwed.

by Long Island 7285

I seen the longbeach today, LIRR crews behind the whistle stop bakery and i seen a FD pupmer truck not far from there wonder if LIRR was using it?

MTA PD at all crossings so fanning or pictures were impossible. (thank you terrorism :( )

apx 20:20hrs I seen a Long Beach Bound M7 set headin to lynbrook on the #1 tack. also, this afternoon i seen some WB trains on the #2 track.

i have not checked out anything on the far rock branch.

by Knife-Switch

As of 2100hrs Lawson Blvd is still swamped and LIRR work crews are along the ROW with pumps pushing water back out into the street. Talk about shovellling s--- against the tide.

Saw some Westbound buses also having difficulty navigating Austen Blvd

by Long Island 7285

thanks for the update, knife

by Clemuel

Thanks to the B & B mechanics, a great Transportation man and the Oceanside Fire Department, the water and fish were removed from the right-of-way at Oceanside.

Clem

by Knife-Switch

Yeah, I heard those Blues were really drawn to the shiny M-7's

by NIMBYkiller

Atleast East Rockaway didn't get swept away this time