Railroad Forums 

• Rail whistleblowers fired for voicing safety concerns despite efforts to end practice of retaliation

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1627679  by STrRedWolf

https://news.yahoo.com/rail-whistleblow ... 22256.html
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Hours before a Norfolk Southern train derailed in Ohio and erupted in fire in February, a judge ruled a former railroad employee could proceed with a lawsuit claiming he had been harassed for years by managers who said he reported too many flaws in rail cars he inspected and had his job changed after reporting an injury.

Richard Singleton’s case against Norfolk Southern was settled for an undisclosed amount after the judge said he had enough evidence to go to trial over whether he was disciplined for reporting safety violations that slowed trains passing through a Macon, Georgia, railyard.
 #1627759  by eolesen

Well, let's just say that not every case of whistle blowing is credible once all the facts are laid out.

I've seen whistleblower protection abused to protect an employee who would have otherwise been fired for unrelated actions.

A judge allowing a case to proceed doesn't mean that there is a credible case. It's simply means there weren't enough facts at hand to throw it out.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk