Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#138566  by braves

Since R143 cars run on the M line on weekends only, are there plans to run them full time on weekdays when the L line goes to OPTO full time in November.
 #138587  by Mdlbigcat

braves wrote:Since R143 cars run on the M line on weekends only, are there plans to run them full time on weekdays when the L line goes to OPTO full time in November.

No.

When the L goes to OPTO, the R143 cars will be the only car type allowed on the line. The ones on the weekend M will go to ENY/Canarsie yards for the L and the R42's still running on the L will be transferred to Fresh Pond yards for the M.
 #154761  by Head-end View

Are the R-143's running on any other lines besides the M and the L?
 #154779  by 4 Express

Head-end View wrote:Are the R-143's running on any other lines besides the M and the L?
Only the L
 #154895  by Frank

Mdlbigcat wrote:
braves wrote:Since R143 cars run on the M line on weekends only, are there plans to run them full time on weekdays when the L line goes to OPTO full time in November.

No.

When the L goes to OPTO, the R143 cars will be the only car type allowed on the line. The ones on the weekend M will go to ENY/Canarsie yards for the L and the R42's still running on the L will be transferred to Fresh Pond yards for the M.
How long will the R42 M trains be? 6 cars long?

#154931  by 4 Express

Robert Paniagua wrote:All other lines (most of them at least) will get the R160's.
Now I wouldn't say that exactly until an official anouncement comes.
Frank wrote:
Mdlbigcat wrote:

No.

#154942  by Frank

4 Express wrote:
Robert Paniagua wrote:All other lines (most of them at least) will get the R160's.
Frank wrote:
Mdlbigcat wrote:

No.

Thanks.

#154962  by Robert Paniagua

Well, I'm assuming they will run on most BMT/IND lines but for the L.

#154969  by 4 Express

Frank wrote:
4 Express wrote:
Frank wrote:
Mdlbigcat wrote:

No.

Thanks.
Your Welcome
Robert Paniagua wrote:Now I wouldn't say that exactly until an official anouncement comes.

Well, I'm assuming they will run on most BMT/IND lines but for the L.
They are going to run on Division B lines but what lines their going to is unknown you never know the what the MTA might do until they say what they are going do.